The area of activity of the BIOTECMAR Network focuses on:
- Research, development and innovation;
- Development of state-of-the-art technologies and quality services;
- Training and HR training;
- Subsidy to government agencies in the elaboration of public policies and funding of research;
- Assistance in the elaboration and execution of international collaboration programs.
In the following areas:
- Aquaculture and fisheries;
- Drugs and bioactives;
- Pests and diseases;
- Oil, gas, renewable energy;
- Production of food and nutraceuticals;
- Natural products.